Logo by winner Matt Zucker
The International Obfuscated C Code
[ The judges |
IOCCC home page |
How to enter |
IOCCC news |
People who have won |
Winning entries ]
Updated: The 25th IOCCC will be open from 2017-Dec-29 05:38:51 UTC to 2018-Mar-15 03:08:07 UTC.
Please see the following news items.
Goals of the Contest
- Obfuscate: tr.v. -cated, -cating, -cates.
- To render obscure.
- To darken.
- To confuse: his emotions obfuscated his judgment.
[LLat. obfuscare, to darken : ob(intensive) + Lat. fuscare,
to darken < fuscus, dark.] -obfuscation n. obfuscatory adj
- The IOCCC:
- To write the most Obscure/Obfuscated C program within the rules.
- To show the importance of programming style, in an ironic way.
- To stress C compilers with unusual code.
- To illustrate some of the subtleties of the C language.
- To provide a safe forum for poor C code. :-)
- Due to a scheduling conflict with one of the IOCCC judges, the 25th IOCCC end date is now the Ideas of March.
- Please submit your entries by 2018-Mar-15 03:08:07 UTC.
- Updated: The 25th IOCCC will be open from 2017-Dec-29 05:38:51 UTC to 2018-Mar-15 03:08:07 UTC.
- There is a delay in making the submission tool available. Please retry on 2018-Jan-21 23:09:09 UTC.
- There will not be an IOCCC competition in 2016.
- The IOCCC is on hiatus until mid 2017.
- The source code for the winners of the 24th IOCCC has been released.
- The 24th IOCCC is now closed and Judging has commenced.
- Minor edits to the draft Guidelines have been made.
- The source code for the winners of the 23rd IOCCC has been released.
- The 24th IOCCC will be open from 2015-Jul-08 09:10:11.12 +/- .13 seconds UTC to 2015-Oct-10 10:10:10.10 +/- .10 seconds UTC.
- The submission tool will be available on 2015-Sep-09 09:09:09 UTC.
- Draft Rules, Guidelines and IOCCC size tool are available.
- The 23rd IOCCC is now closed and Judging has commenced.
- A critical patch to the IOCCC size tool that fixes // comments has been made. Thanks goes to Matt Zucker for discovering this bug.
Older news has been archived, but is not currently available