Logo by winner Matt Zucker
The International Obfuscated C Code
[ The judges |
IOCCC home page |
How to enter |
IOCCC news |
People who have won |
Winning entries ]
The 21st IOCCC Competition
The 21st International Obfuscated C Code Contest has already happened. Please see the news below
Goals of the Contest
- Obfuscate: tr.v. -cated, -cating, -cates.
- To render obscure.
- To darken.
- To confuse: his emotions obfuscated his judgment.
[LLat. obfuscare, to darken : ob(intensive) + Lat. fuscare,
to darken < fuscus, dark.] -obfuscation n. obfuscatory adj
- The IOCCC:
- To write the most Obscure/Obfuscated C program within the rules.
- To show the importance of programming style, in an ironic way.
- To stress C compilers with unusual code.
- To illustrate some of the subtleties of the C language.
- To provide a safe forum for poor C code. :-)
- The source code for the winners of the 21st IOCCC has been released.
- The winners of the 21st IOCCC have been announced. Congratulations!
- The winning source will be released later this year after the winners have reviewed the writeup of their entries.
- Version 2012-08-15 of the 21st IOCCC rules and guidelines are now official.
- The 21st IOCCC did start on 2012-Aug-15 03:14:15 UTC. While the submission server is waiting to be put online, please continue to code and refine your entries.
- Please check back on 2012-Aug-22 03:14:15 UTC for details on how to submit your entry.
- Apologies, the submission server is not yet online. Please check back on 2012-Aug-19 09:26:53 UTC.
- Clarified rules 13 and 14 in the Preliminary Rules (currently at version 2012-08-05).
- Please be sure you have reviewed the latest version of the Preliminary Guidelines (currently at version 2012-07-24).
- A "changed" date has been added to both the rules and guidelines files
- A number of typographical corrections and clarifications to the Preliminary Rules (5 & 21) have been made.
- A number of typographical corrections and clarifications to the Preliminary Guidelines have been made.
- The results of the 20th IOCCC are now available.
- We have selected 14 winners for 20th IOCCC; from CN, DE, FI, GB, IL, JP, MX & US. Winners will be notified in 24 hours.
- The 20th IOCCC is now closed. If you missed the deadline, save your submission for a future competition.
- Only 5 more days left to enter the 20th IOCCC.
Older news has been archived, but is currently unavailable